- AT LAST – NEW DEVELOPMENT! The Imp’s “in the store” section just got a bit more awesome. Now, when tapping on a skin, instead of seeing one of my terrible screenshots, you’ll be taken to a new screen where you can actually view, rotate, and zoom the model, straight from the game files! Pro tip: you can do the same thing with the champion’s base skin by tapping on his/her/its price. Is that fun or what?
- A NEW CHAMPION APPROACHES! Ziggs’ complete data has been added. Special thanks to Smallfry310 for screenshots.
- Push notifications about sales will now deep link you into the sales page. ‘Cause that just makes sense.
- FINALLY fixed the stupid bug that broke the Twitter feed in the “About” section.
- Fixed a bug that caused the screen to stay black if you resumed the app on the Build Detail screen.
- Added new items: Locket of the Iron Solari and Zeke’s Herald. Removed Stark’s Fervor.
- Updated the stats of Emblem of Valor.
- Updated Morgana so that her passive spell vamp is taken into account when viewing build stats.
- Updated The Imp with data from the Ziggs patch.
- Added Ahri’s missing champion spotlight. Oops.
- Added Jax’s champion spotlight.
- Updated Sivir’s spotlight to the new one.
- Added a missing skin: Frost Queen Janna. The poor chick only has 3; we can’t afford to miss any of ’em.
- Added some of Shyvana’s missing stats. Thanks, helpful user whose name I won’t disclose for privacy reasons!
- Finally got around to adding the new summoner spell icons. My bad.
- Added some missing runes. Oops again.
- Added several missing item codes for the build email feature.
Jungle time, that is. Incoming for 1.10.0… check it out!
The long awaited jungle-timers are nearly ready. There are already a couple of great standalone jungle timer apps on the Marketplace (like “Teemo’s Timers” – search for it now, thank me later) with some great features, and I hate to get anywhere near their turf. But for those of you who are one-app-solution kind of people, The Imp will have you covered.
Both Summoner’s Rift and Twisted Treeline are supported, and if there’s anything that ultimately turns out to be worth timing on Crystal Scar, I’ll add that at a later date.
Anyway, what do you think? Does it look usable?
Keep on Imping on,
Warning: This patch is huge. I had some free time this time around 🙂
- FILTERS ARE HERE! You can now search for champions, items, and runes that meet specific criteria. This feature should have been there like YEARS ago, but it’s a long whiny story. Anyway, it’s here now. Enjoy!
- I don’t know how many of you will use this, but you can now use the emails sent from the build screen to customize your IN-GAME recommended items! Just email the build to yourself and follow the new instructions at the bottom to try it. This feature is brought to you by mostly me but a little bit Brackhar of Riot Games, who was kind enough to post the API hook on the forums. He says patching won’t overwrite your items, so that’s cool.
- The list of sales in the Game News section now displays the price of the items on sale rather than inane information that you don’t care about. Everyone knows Rammus is The Armordillo.
- Fixed a bunch of UI bugs, like the rotation champions being highlighted WHEREVER you see them. They should only be highlighted in the champion browser now.
- Added some more performance optimizations. I swear, if I could figure out how to do these kinds of things the first time around, I’d throw myself a parade.
- Modified the way navigation works on the Item Detail page – hitting the back button now takes you back to the last item you viewed rather than away from the screen altogether. I actually had to work to get that NOT to behave the way it will now at some point, so I’m not sure why I did that. Go me!
- Updated the layout of the Item Details page to separate information more clearly. Also, select items now have screenshots (like Aegis of the Legion) so you can see the visual effect each item provides. Obviously, items like Long Sword will never have screenshots, because they would look like Rammus just standing there.
- Updated the mastery perks to include new Dominion data. Spatial Accuracy now also decreases your Promote cooldown by 30 seconds, and Reinforce now affects Garrison as well as Fortify.
- Cleaned up the quality of some of the item icons.
- Reordered the items in the “more” section of the champion landing page. I figure more people care about the store than any of the other items, right?
- The summoner spell browser no longer presents the summoner spells as an indexed list that allows you to jump to spells that start with a specific letter. There are so fewer of them, I feel like it’s more appropriate to just list them all out – wouldn’t you say?
- The build browser now will only present the list of builds in an indexed fashion if you’ve created more than 30 of them.
- The little detail text shown beneath builds in the build browser will now just say “[name of champion] build”. It’s not like you can remember much about the build from just the first couple of items like it is now, am I right?
- Added the rest of the audio for the champion quotations. While time tick-ticks… away. God, I love Orianna.
- Corrected a bug that made Odyn’s Veil look like it wasn’t built from any other items (yeah, I wish) and was available on all maps. (Hint: It’s not.)
- Added a screenshot and price data for the new Pentakill Karthus skin. That’s the lead singer, so only the drummer is left – who’ll it be? Olaf? Trundle?
Greetings, faithful Impists!
With the 2011 football season fast approaching, every where I look, people are manning up. Titans Head Coach Mike Munchak manned up and made his first round of cuts. A buddy of mine manned up and got HD cable so we can watch games at his place in style. I manned up and admitted that I care more about video games than football. You get the idea.
In light of these facts, the time has come for The Imp to man up. I’m working on a feature now that really should have been part of the app at release, and it really took til now to think of a way to do it that preserves WP7’s sexy style, The Imp’s undeniably bland charm, and doesn’t explode all of your phones at once.
This feature is FILTERS! Starting with version 1.9.0 (“Caitlyn”), you’ll be able to filter champions, items, and runes by a few criteria that should make it easier to find the info of your dreams. This is still in progress, obviously, but here’s a tiny little sneak peek.
It’ll make more sense when the time comes, trust me. Hopefully, anyway.
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know what was up. Let me know what you think in the comments, and hope The Imp is still treating you well.
Keep on Imping on!
- Huge giant nerds rejoice! You can now read each champion’s voiceover lines by tapping “quotations” on their landing page. As a special added bonus, you can also HEAR the lines from most champions. I’m looking into ways of getting data for the missing ones (the most recent I have is Rumble), so this feature is still being born. Hopefully someone will enjoy it. You’ll need access to the internet the first time you listen to a champion’s quotations, and after that the data will be stored on your phone. Enjoy!
- Lorehounds rejoice! All judgments that are currently available have been added to The Imp. I know not everybody’s into that, but it was comparatively painless to add and will hopefully make someone happy, so… there you go. I’m a people-pleaser. What can I say?
- A NEW CHAMPION APPROACHES! Talon’s basic data has been added.
- Added new items for DOMINION! Their stats, costs, and recipes are subject to change, but this is what we’ve got for now. Additional, each item’s detail page will now state which maps it’s available on. You can also tap on the maps to see a basic summary of them. I’m not thrilled with it, but maybe it’ll be nice to know for someone.
- Modified the Veteran’s Scars mastery perk to grant only 12 health per point (down from 15). When did that change?
- Added data for new skins – Demolisher Nunu, Dragonslayer Vayne, Pax Sivir, Reverse Annie, and Victorious Jarvan IV.
- The Item Detail page has been redesigned to be more consistent with the rest of the app. I really don’t know what I was thinking the first time around. Oh well. Live and learn, right?
- Fixed some usability issues with the Twitter feed – links now link, mentions now mention, and hashtags now hash. Now that’s UX. Yeah baby.
- Replaced the placeholder item icon on the build screen with the one from the game. ‘Cuz that’s how pro (read: plagiaristic) I be.
- Fixed an issue with Obsidian Malphite’e screenshot.
- Fixed an issue that made the FAQs unreadable. Muhbad.
So this is still a ways off (like, at least the patch after the patch for Leona, whenever she shows up), but I’m too excited not to show you now.
There are still a few things I have to figure out how to do (like how to handle weird cases like Karma), but it’s coming along nicely. The skill order will save along with the rest of the build for handy reference. Assuming I don’t break it.
Bazam. Everyone pumped up for Leona?