- AT LAST – NEW DEVELOPMENT! The Imp’s “in the store” section just got a bit more awesome. Now, when tapping on a skin, instead of seeing one of my terrible screenshots, you’ll be taken to a new screen where you can actually view, rotate, and zoom the model, straight from the game files! Pro tip: you can do the same thing with the champion’s base skin by tapping on his/her/its price. Is that fun or what?
- A NEW CHAMPION APPROACHES! Ziggs’ complete data has been added. Special thanks to Smallfry310 for screenshots.
- Push notifications about sales will now deep link you into the sales page. ‘Cause that just makes sense.
- FINALLY fixed the stupid bug that broke the Twitter feed in the “About” section.
- Fixed a bug that caused the screen to stay black if you resumed the app on the Build Detail screen.
- Added new items: Locket of the Iron Solari and Zeke’s Herald. Removed Stark’s Fervor.
- Updated the stats of Emblem of Valor.
- Updated Morgana so that her passive spell vamp is taken into account when viewing build stats.
- Updated The Imp with data from the Ziggs patch.
- Added Ahri’s missing champion spotlight. Oops.
- Added Jax’s champion spotlight.
- Updated Sivir’s spotlight to the new one.
- Added a missing skin: Frost Queen Janna. The poor chick only has 3; we can’t afford to miss any of ’em.
- Added some of Shyvana’s missing stats. Thanks, helpful user whose name I won’t disclose for privacy reasons!
- Finally got around to adding the new summoner spell icons. My bad.
- Added some missing runes. Oops again.
- Added several missing item codes for the build email feature.
- Huge giant nerds rejoice! You can now read each champion’s voiceover lines by tapping “quotations” on their landing page. As a special added bonus, you can also HEAR the lines from most champions. I’m looking into ways of getting data for the missing ones (the most recent I have is Rumble), so this feature is still being born. Hopefully someone will enjoy it. You’ll need access to the internet the first time you listen to a champion’s quotations, and after that the data will be stored on your phone. Enjoy!
- Lorehounds rejoice! All judgments that are currently available have been added to The Imp. I know not everybody’s into that, but it was comparatively painless to add and will hopefully make someone happy, so… there you go. I’m a people-pleaser. What can I say?
- A NEW CHAMPION APPROACHES! Talon’s basic data has been added.
- Added new items for DOMINION! Their stats, costs, and recipes are subject to change, but this is what we’ve got for now. Additional, each item’s detail page will now state which maps it’s available on. You can also tap on the maps to see a basic summary of them. I’m not thrilled with it, but maybe it’ll be nice to know for someone.
- Modified the Veteran’s Scars mastery perk to grant only 12 health per point (down from 15). When did that change?
- Added data for new skins – Demolisher Nunu, Dragonslayer Vayne, Pax Sivir, Reverse Annie, and Victorious Jarvan IV.
- The Item Detail page has been redesigned to be more consistent with the rest of the app. I really don’t know what I was thinking the first time around. Oh well. Live and learn, right?
- Fixed some usability issues with the Twitter feed – links now link, mentions now mention, and hashtags now hash. Now that’s UX. Yeah baby.
- Replaced the placeholder item icon on the build screen with the one from the game. ‘Cuz that’s how pro (read: plagiaristic) I be.
- Fixed an issue with Obsidian Malphite’e screenshot.
- Fixed an issue that made the FAQs unreadable. Muhbad.
Hey, guess why Ashe and Caitlyn are highlighted in this screenshot?
Oh yeah. You guessed it. ‘Cause they’re in this week’s rotation.
Seriously, I know it’s not a huge deal, but this is a first step into a larger world for The Imp. I’ve started leveraging Amazon Web Services, which will make it possible to distribute content outside of Microsoft’s update process, which in turn means more timely, relevant data for you. Word to it?
I’m not sure how far I’ll take this for the first version – kind of want to see how it goes (and how much it’ll run me :-)), but we’ll iterate from here and see how it goes. Look for this with 1.4.0 – shouldn’t be more than a few days before I submit it for distro.
Anyway, just wanted to share the “meh” news.
Until the next time I need self-validation from the interwebz,