- JUNGLE TIMERS ARE IN THE HOUSE! At long last, The Imp goes even further to help you in battle by allowing you to keep track of the respawn times on Baron, Dragon, the buffs, and even sight and vision wards! This is just a first pass, so let me know what you think. Currently, your lock screen will be disabled while you’re on the Timers page – I’ll look into letting them run under the lock screen in a future version.
- Reorganized the landing page and separated things you browse from “tools” like the mastery page editor, the build editor, and the rune page editor.
- Changed a bit about how builds and runes work on the landing page. Clicking on the “builds” or “runes” buttons now takes you to the new landing screens for each which show all your builds and rune pages, respectively (similar to the mastery templates screen). Hopefully this helps differentiate things that are browsable (like champions, items, etc.) from things that you create (like rune pages, mastery pages, and so on). If not, well – hey, I never said I was good at this. This also lets you create builds wtihout having to go to the champion page to start, so that’s… something, right?
- Champion stats ranks are now displayed as bars rather than numerical values. The numerical values were kind of misleading since ties made some champions look better (or worse) than they really were, so I’m using an estimate based on the standard deviation of all champions instead. This way, the approximately same information is communicated but is more precise about how good a champion is in relation to others with respect to an individual stat.
- Abilities that passively grant stat bonuses (like Akali’s Twin Disciplines and Zilean’s Heightened Learning) are now taken into account on the “stats” screen in the build viewer. Finally, right? Hey, be nice. It’s harder than it looks. Probably.
- “Mastery Templates” are now called “Mastery Pages” as they are in-game. This was actually because The Imp’s mastery templates actually predated mastery pages in League of Legends. Jus’ sayin’.
- Fixed a – GASP – GRAMMATICAL ERROR that could occur on the landing pages of champions whose names start with vowels. *Shudder*.
- Made a few minor UI tweaks to the champion landing page and the mastery template editor for visual consistency.
- Fixed a bug that caused the displayed values for certain champion stats (health regen and mana regen, specifically) to be shown with incorrect values on the champion landing page.
- Manaless champions no longer display information about their mana and mana regen on their landing page. Yeah, that made sense.
- Fixed a bug that made Malice runes appear to be a per-level boost to critical chance (as opposed to a flat bonus, which is what they really are).
- Added a “done” button to the new filters in the browser dialog to give you another way to dismiss the filters when you’re done. You can also hit the “back” key to dismiss the filters if you’re more into hardware buttons.
- Updated some of Riven’s numbers in response to the 9/20 game hotfix.
- Added screenshots for Riven’s skins.
- Added a screenshot for Kayle’s “Judgment” skin, courtesy of my Chief Content Consultant Smallfry310.
- Added pricing data for the new Kog’maw, Malzahar, Singed, and Xin Zhao skins (Deep Sea, Overlord, Mad Scientist, and Winged Hussar, respectively).
- Added Singed’s fancy new champion spotlight.
Jungle time, that is. Incoming for 1.10.0… check it out!
The long awaited jungle-timers are nearly ready. There are already a couple of great standalone jungle timer apps on the Marketplace (like “Teemo’s Timers” – search for it now, thank me later) with some great features, and I hate to get anywhere near their turf. But for those of you who are one-app-solution kind of people, The Imp will have you covered.
Both Summoner’s Rift and Twisted Treeline are supported, and if there’s anything that ultimately turns out to be worth timing on Crystal Scar, I’ll add that at a later date.
Anyway, what do you think? Does it look usable?
Keep on Imping on,
- A NEW CHAMPION APPROACHES! Riven’s basic data has been added. Riven’s another Xypherous champ, and jeez, am I becoming a fanboy.
- Fixed a massive, sky-high error that was happening for some people on application launch. Yeah, that’s me accidentally building with the Mango dev tools instead of the NoDo ones. Good job, Jammer! Sorry for any inconvenience. Still love me?
- Updated The Imp with data from the Riven patch, including new skins for Kog’Maw, Malzahar, and Singed.
- Fixed a usability issue with the “in the store” screen.
- Added Corki’s brand-new champion spotlight.
- Made some minor visual tweaks to the browser dialog to make it less lame, particularly in light theme. I hate light theme, I really do.
- Updated Garen’s and Poppy’s IP prices. Price drop, wut wut?
- Updated Trundle’s splash art to the correct one from his classic skin.
- Updated the summoner spells and items with new data from the Dominion website.
- Fixed a few minor display bugs with the new filtering dialogs.
Warning: This patch is huge. I had some free time this time around 🙂
- FILTERS ARE HERE! You can now search for champions, items, and runes that meet specific criteria. This feature should have been there like YEARS ago, but it’s a long whiny story. Anyway, it’s here now. Enjoy!
- I don’t know how many of you will use this, but you can now use the emails sent from the build screen to customize your IN-GAME recommended items! Just email the build to yourself and follow the new instructions at the bottom to try it. This feature is brought to you by mostly me but a little bit Brackhar of Riot Games, who was kind enough to post the API hook on the forums. He says patching won’t overwrite your items, so that’s cool.
- The list of sales in the Game News section now displays the price of the items on sale rather than inane information that you don’t care about. Everyone knows Rammus is The Armordillo.
- Fixed a bunch of UI bugs, like the rotation champions being highlighted WHEREVER you see them. They should only be highlighted in the champion browser now.
- Added some more performance optimizations. I swear, if I could figure out how to do these kinds of things the first time around, I’d throw myself a parade.
- Modified the way navigation works on the Item Detail page – hitting the back button now takes you back to the last item you viewed rather than away from the screen altogether. I actually had to work to get that NOT to behave the way it will now at some point, so I’m not sure why I did that. Go me!
- Updated the layout of the Item Details page to separate information more clearly. Also, select items now have screenshots (like Aegis of the Legion) so you can see the visual effect each item provides. Obviously, items like Long Sword will never have screenshots, because they would look like Rammus just standing there.
- Updated the mastery perks to include new Dominion data. Spatial Accuracy now also decreases your Promote cooldown by 30 seconds, and Reinforce now affects Garrison as well as Fortify.
- Cleaned up the quality of some of the item icons.
- Reordered the items in the “more” section of the champion landing page. I figure more people care about the store than any of the other items, right?
- The summoner spell browser no longer presents the summoner spells as an indexed list that allows you to jump to spells that start with a specific letter. There are so fewer of them, I feel like it’s more appropriate to just list them all out – wouldn’t you say?
- The build browser now will only present the list of builds in an indexed fashion if you’ve created more than 30 of them.
- The little detail text shown beneath builds in the build browser will now just say “[name of champion] build”. It’s not like you can remember much about the build from just the first couple of items like it is now, am I right?
- Added the rest of the audio for the champion quotations. While time tick-ticks… away. God, I love Orianna.
- Corrected a bug that made Odyn’s Veil look like it wasn’t built from any other items (yeah, I wish) and was available on all maps. (Hint: It’s not.)
- Added a screenshot and price data for the new Pentakill Karthus skin. That’s the lead singer, so only the drummer is left – who’ll it be? Olaf? Trundle?
Greetings, faithful Impists!
With the 2011 football season fast approaching, every where I look, people are manning up. Titans Head Coach Mike Munchak manned up and made his first round of cuts. A buddy of mine manned up and got HD cable so we can watch games at his place in style. I manned up and admitted that I care more about video games than football. You get the idea.
In light of these facts, the time has come for The Imp to man up. I’m working on a feature now that really should have been part of the app at release, and it really took til now to think of a way to do it that preserves WP7’s sexy style, The Imp’s undeniably bland charm, and doesn’t explode all of your phones at once.
This feature is FILTERS! Starting with version 1.9.0 (“Caitlyn”), you’ll be able to filter champions, items, and runes by a few criteria that should make it easier to find the info of your dreams. This is still in progress, obviously, but here’s a tiny little sneak peek.
It’ll make more sense when the time comes, trust me. Hopefully, anyway.
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know what was up. Let me know what you think in the comments, and hope The Imp is still treating you well.
Keep on Imping on!
- Huge giant nerds rejoice! You can now read each champion’s voiceover lines by tapping “quotations” on their landing page. As a special added bonus, you can also HEAR the lines from most champions. I’m looking into ways of getting data for the missing ones (the most recent I have is Rumble), so this feature is still being born. Hopefully someone will enjoy it. You’ll need access to the internet the first time you listen to a champion’s quotations, and after that the data will be stored on your phone. Enjoy!
- Lorehounds rejoice! All judgments that are currently available have been added to The Imp. I know not everybody’s into that, but it was comparatively painless to add and will hopefully make someone happy, so… there you go. I’m a people-pleaser. What can I say?
- A NEW CHAMPION APPROACHES! Talon’s basic data has been added.
- Added new items for DOMINION! Their stats, costs, and recipes are subject to change, but this is what we’ve got for now. Additional, each item’s detail page will now state which maps it’s available on. You can also tap on the maps to see a basic summary of them. I’m not thrilled with it, but maybe it’ll be nice to know for someone.
- Modified the Veteran’s Scars mastery perk to grant only 12 health per point (down from 15). When did that change?
- Added data for new skins – Demolisher Nunu, Dragonslayer Vayne, Pax Sivir, Reverse Annie, and Victorious Jarvan IV.
- The Item Detail page has been redesigned to be more consistent with the rest of the app. I really don’t know what I was thinking the first time around. Oh well. Live and learn, right?
- Fixed some usability issues with the Twitter feed – links now link, mentions now mention, and hashtags now hash. Now that’s UX. Yeah baby.
- Replaced the placeholder item icon on the build screen with the one from the game. ‘Cuz that’s how pro (read: plagiaristic) I be.
- Fixed an issue with Obsidian Malphite’e screenshot.
- Fixed an issue that made the FAQs unreadable. Muhbad.
Greetings, faithful Impists!
Sorry that it’s been awhile since an update of any kind, software-ological or blogorial. I’ve been a little bit busy IRL, a little bit busy figuring out what to do after Microsoft (probably accidentally) exploded the App Hub, and a little bit busy playing World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. I don’t feel good about it; I really don’t. But I’ve been sucked back in again. My mind tells me that my first loyalty is – of course – to League, but my ever-increasing average item-level says otherwise. It’s a conundrum.
Enough of my personal Sophie’s choice. I wanted to talk a little bit about the deal with The Imp, why it temporarily disappeared from the Marketplace (if you care), why updates have been a little bit slow, and why there wasn’t a dedicated update for the Monkey King.
First of all, not to point any fingers (http://create.msdn.com) or name any names (Microsoft, rabble rabble rabble…) but there have been some technical issues with getting updates out over the last two weeks. Microsoft actually did make some super-awesome updates to the App Hub, but as it happens, those updates caused a minor cataclysm that temporarily removed The Imp from all localizations of the Marketplace and prevented me from submitting a timely update for Wukong. Fortunately, all that seems to be cleared up now, and I actually just submitted an update a couple of days ago that includes data for Wukong and Skarner, so hopefully we’re (kind of) back on track.
That’s the part that’s Microsoft’s fault. Now it’s my turn.
Basically, the aforementioned Skarner + Wukong update IS indeed coming to you soon. However, in a thrillingly boneheaded move that wouldn’t have happened if I used version control software, I accidentally included about half of the functionality for the cool new ability path calculator thing that will soon be part of the build editor. You know, the one that lo0ks like this:
Yeah, my bad. However, thanks to a furious level of activity over the last couple of days that resulted in the neglect of several other personal responsibilities, I’ve actually finished the complete update for the ability path thing while the Skarner/Wukong update has been in certification. Unfortunately I can’t pull the update that I already submitted (lame), but as soon as that one clears, I’ll immediately submit the one that has the fully completed feature, and we’ll all go back to pretending that I know what I’m doing – what do you say?
Anyway, that’s the dillyo. Hope all is well in your worlds and on the Fields of Justice. Anybody rocking Skarner yet? What do you think? I’m out of RP for now, but I might just be tempted to buy back in… he looks like a ton of fun. And that Earthrune Skarner skin is ridiculous. And by ridiculous I mean awesome.
Be well, and keep on Imping on…